The Rec Center offers Babysitting as a convenience for families, providing children ages 6 weeks to 9 years old an opportunity to play safe in a nurturing environment while their parents enjoy The Rec facility.
We are dedicated to providing services that enrich the lives of our members. Our goal is to make sure your child has fun while they learn and gain self confidence in a safe environment.
Members: FREE Non-Members: $5
Monday – Thursday 8:30 am – 11:30 am 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am – 11:30 am No evening hours
- You Must sign your child in and out of the Babysitting Room
- You Must be in the facility at all times while using the Rec Babysitter
- Please take your child to the bathroom and check diapers before leaving your child. Change diapers if necessary (The Rec staff is not allowed to change diapers)
- If you have a child who has recently been toilet trained, please leave a pair of dry pants in case of an accident.
- Please have your child’s name on diaper bags or any other possessions your child brings.
- Drinks left with the child must be in a spill-resistant cup labeled with the child’s name.
- The person dropping off the child must pick them up by closing time. No one else will be allowed to pick up your child unless previous arrangement have been made.
- The Babysitting Room is a Peanut Free zone.
We do not provide snacks in the babysitting room. If you would like your child to have a snack, you must provide your own.
Drinks are also permitted provided they are in a spill proof container.
Please NO PEANUT PRODUCTS, CHIPS, OR POPCORN!
Also, due to Illinois State Regulations, we do not share snacks. This helps stop the spread of germs and helps better control food allergies.